We have already surpassed
of our Fundraising Goal!
We can stop abortion in the State of Oklahoma and save over 6000 lives immediately. We invite you to watch this most important 38 minute video explaining our legal and spiritual obligation!
Points to remember:
1. As Christians, we do nothing without prayer, but there is no place in Scripture where we are told to pray and do nothing!! In fact, James 2 condemns such behavior!
2. According to the “laws of nature and nature’s God,” that which is created is subject to the authority of the creator. It was the states who created the “general” government, not the other way around. The U.S. Constitution was an agreement between the states, designing the structure of and then delegating “few and defined” powers to this “general” government.
3. James Madison wrote in 1798: “…in case of a deliberate, palpable, and dangerous exercise of other powers, not granted by the said compact (U. S. Constitution), the states who are parties thereto, have the right, and are in duty bound, to interpose for arresting the progress of the evil, and for maintaining within their respective limits, the authorities, rights and liberties appertaining to them.”
4. Thomas Jefferson wrote in 1798: “…by a compact under the style and title of a Constitution for the United States, and of amendments thereto, they (the states) constituted a general government for special purposes — delegated to that government certain definite powers, reserving, each State to itself, the residuary mass of right to their own self-government; and that whensoever the general government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force.”
5. Consistent with the delegation of powers, the sovereign state of Colorado nullified Federal drug laws in 2012. While we don’t support legalizing marijuana, the citizens of Colorado had the authority to do so. Colorado has reestablished the fundamental truth of Federalism and Washington has conceded.
We wish to build on this precedent. We can stop abortion in the State of Oklahoma and save over 6000 lives immediately.
Commit $1.35 a day for one year and join Reclaiming America for Christ. Then encourage five other like-minded Christians to join you!
“We have hope again,” were the words spoken by one attendee after the other. “This was the best Reclaiming Conference, yet!”
In case you missed it, the Eighth Annual Reclaiming America for Christ Conference was held on Friday night, August 25 and Saturday morning, August 26.
Friday’s events began with a pastor’s luncheon attended by over 250 pastors, wives and key leaders. Hobby Lobby’s Steve Green joined Pastor Paul Blair as co-hosts for the luncheon. Del Tackett (The Truth Project) and Frank Turek (I Don’t Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist) shared with this special group about the importance of guarding the Biblical truth that has been entrusted to our keeping.
Tackett focused on Biblical Worldview and Turek shared on Christian Apologetics. Then special lunchtime guest Dr. William Lane Craig mesmerized the audience with a presentation on the importance of apologetics for evangelism.
Friday evening began with a welcome from host pastor Dr. Kevin Clarkson and a wonderful presentation of our National Anthem performed by soloist Matt Strait. Pastor Paul Blair laid the foundation for the evening focusing on the pure Biblical worldview held by our Pilgrim and Puritan forefathers and their direct affect on our system of civil government ensuring civil and religious liberty for all Americans throughout our history.
Del Tackett, former President of the Focus on the Family Institute and host of The Truth Project, spoke on the importance of developing a proper worldview. How can nine judges, who claim to be experts on the Constitution, look at the same set of facts and come to a 5-4 decision? Only because of their predisposed world view. A recent Barna survey showed less than 20% of Christians in America actually hold a Biblical worldview.
Frank Turek, Director of Cross Examined and co-author of the book “I Don’t Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist,” then spoke on the effect homosexuality and homosexual marriage have on the culture. The statistics bear out the facts that monogamy in the homosexual community does not have the same meaning as among heterosexuals. The average homosexual in a “committed” relationship has eight other partners in a year. In addition, the average duration of a “committed” relationship lasts only eighteen months. Natural marriage lengthens life spans of men and women, civilizes men, protects women from violent crime, lowers welfare costs to society and encourages an adequate replacement birth rate. Children from natural marriage homes are seven times less likely to live in poverty and six times less likely to commit suicide.
Dr. Brion McClanahan, author and American historian, then dispelled the notion that nullification was unconstitutional. The Constitution was a pact between the states forming and defining the Central government. Then the states delegated few defined powers to the Central government. Any action performed by the Central government which is not lawful is not law at all and need not be enforced by any state, since the Federal government didn’t have the authority to act. Most recently, we saw the state of Colorado nullify Federal drug laws by legalizing marijuana. While we disagree with the use of marijuana on moral grounds, according to Federalism, Colorado had the authority to do so.
With McClanahan’s teaching in mind and the precedent now set by Colorado, Pastor Blair closed the evening with a challenge to end abortion and save natural marriage in Oklahoma by 2015. To accomplish this goal, Blair presented a $502,000 budget to fund the program calling for 1000 people to contribute $45 per month for one year to fund the effort, over 17% of the total funds were raised in the first 24 hours.
Saturday’s Conference continued where Friday left off as Pastor Dan Fisher spoke on the topic “Union or Nation?” Del Tackett then presented “The State” from The Truth Project Series,” Frank Turek spoke on “Intellectual Predators: How Atheist Professors prey on Christian College Students” and historian Brion McClanahan spoke on “The Original Constitution.” Pastor Kevin Clarkson presented a powerful motivational charge to the attendees to close this year’s conference.
Special music was provided by The Chosen Quartet from Moore and trumpeter David Hanan.
Videos of the conference are available on the website here.
Photos courtesy of Jerry Hymer.
Additional photography provided by Rachel Hanan and Tracey Montgomery.